Friday, July 29, 2016

Food Makes Muslim A Zionist

Nadiya Al-Noor

How a Muslim Became a Zionist - Nadiya Al-Noor

Like many Muslims, I started out being very anti-Israel. I saw Israel as evil. Everyone I knew hated Israel. It is by accident that I started to learn about Israel. I decided to gain access to the kosher kitchen at my university's Hillel because most kosher food is halal [food permitted for Muslims under Islamic law].


As time went on, I realized that most of what I had learned about Israel was anti-Semitic propaganda. Israel was a country just struggling to keep her people safe. It was not an evil oppressor. I learned that Israel had tried many times to make peace agreements. I learned how the Arab states banded together to try and destroy Israel in 1948. I learned how accommodating and welcoming Israel is to all peoples, including Muslims.

I learned that Jews really do need the State of Israel, and that it has been their land for over 3,000 years. Even the Koran speaks about how the Children of Israel would return to their eternal homeland from all corners of the world. 
The writer is a graduate student at Binghamton University in New York. 
(Times of Israel)

1 comment:

Nahmala said...

Here's the full article. It was a clerical error, not food, that made this Muslim a Zionist. http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/how-a-muslim-also-became-a-zionist/